Dr. Sanjoy Debbarma
PhD (NIT Silchar)
1. AICTE sponsored FDP on “application of power electronics to emerging trends power sector”, AICTE, 30th June to 5th July, year-2008.
2. AICTE sponsored National Symposium on “DSP and AI techniques to emerging trends in power energy systems, AICTE, 4th -5th, July, 2009.
3. AICTE sponsored FDP on “Emerging trends and advances in renewable energy”, AICTE, 6th –11th, July, year- 2009.
4. AICTE sponsored FDP on “Advances in Power Systems, Power Electronics, Industrial Motor Drives and Control”, 28th June-10th July, 2010.
5. National workshop on Recent Advances in Power, Control RAPCE 2014, IE(I), NEEPCO, 25th and 26th April, year-2014.
6. IEEE conference on Energy Power and Environment towards sustainable growth, DST, NEEPCO and PGCIL, 12th and 13th June, year-2015.
7.Training program on PCB design and Fabrication, LPKF, 27th and 28th Nov, year-2015.
8. In-house Training Program on “Modern Power Systems” for NEEPCO executives, NEEPCO, 30th October-3rd November, year-2017.
9. The aegis of RECTPCL funded CSR project conducted an invited talk on 27-10-2017. This talk was delivered by an eminent personality Prof. Sukumar Mishra, Professor IIT Delhi on “DC Microgrid Operation, Control and Management”.
10. Two day workshop on outcome based accreditation at NIT Meghalaya, during March 26-27, 2018. The resource person Prof Vineet Sahula, MNIT Jaipur has delivered lectures.
Publications in Conferences held abroad [From last 5 years]
1. Gayadhar Panda & A. K. Mohapatra, “Network Theory (Analysis & Synthesis)”, Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi, 2013.
2. Vulisi Narendra Kumar, Gayadhar Panda, and B. Ramesh Naidu, “Seamless Control and Unified Dynamic Energy Management in a Renewable/Clean Energy Integrated Self-reliant DC Microgrid”, in Handbook of Research on Power and Energy System Optimization, IGI Global, 2017. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-3935-3 [Published].
3. B.Ramesh Naidu, Gayadhar Panda, B.Chitti Babu, “Adaptive Dynamic Energy Management and Seamless Control for DC Microgrid System”, Control, Communication and Optimization of Smart Power Distribution Systems: Efficient and secure operation of Smart Grids, Elsevier, May 2017 –In Press.
1. Pradip K. Sadhu, Kaushik Neogi, Atanu Banerjee, Gayadhar Panda, Nitai Pal, K.C. Jana, " An Induction Curing System for Roof Treatment with Asphait Concrete to Cure a Crack on Roof and a Method for for the Same", Published in journal of intellectual Property India (Journal No. 04/2016), Department of Industrial Policy & Promotions, Government of India, January 2016, Page 3575 and Patent Application No. 1221/KOL/2015, dated 30.11.2015, Grant is awaited.
2. Gayadhar Panda, Kaibalya Prasad Panda, and Prabhat Ranjan Bana, "Double Stage Voltage Level Boost Optimized Multilevel Inverter" Indian Patent Filed and the Patent Application No: 201931030343, dated: 26/07/2019.
3. Prabhat Ranjan Bana, Kaibalya Prasad Panda, Gayadhar Panda and Sukumar Mishra, "High-gain dc-dc converter for solar-assisted electric vehicle", Indian Patent Filed and the Patent Application No: No.202031004840 A, dated: 13/03/2020.
1. The Union Ministry of Energy, Department of Power Medal
2. This Power Medal has been awarded for one of my research paper entitled “Role of Transient HVDC Boost in the Improvement of Transient Stability of Longitudinal Power Supply (LPS) System” which was published in IE (I) Journal-EL.
3. Felicitation for securing the highest marks in Sec B (Electrical) from Institution of Engineers (India).
4. GATE scholarship during M.E. (Power Electronics)
5. Best researcher Institute award for the year 2015, NIT Meghalaya.
a. Conference sessions chaired:
1 IEEE TENCON held in Singapore during 22 - 25 November 2016
2 IEEE PESISGT Asia 2018 – Smart Grid Technologies for Smart Nations held in Singapore during 22-25 May 2018.
b. Conference sessions chaired:
1. Track chair IEEE Conference ITEC 2017, Pune, India
2. Technical Program Committee (TPC), Special Session: "Advancement in Renewable Energy Systems for Sustainable Environment" IEEE conference "INDIACOM 2018" on 14-16 March 2018.
3. Chair person, special session, Conference on Signals, Machines and Automation (SIGMA 2018).
4. Conference sessions chaired: IEEE TENCON held in Singapore
c. Served as an external examiner for Ph.D./ M. Tech:
1. External examiner for M.Tech Thesis, Electrical Engineering, NIT Agartala
2. External examiner for Ph.D. thesis titled “Impact of Distributed Generation on Reliability of Distribution System”, Guwahati University.
3. External examiner for Ph.D. thesis titled “Approaches for Reliability Assessment and Improvement of Electrical Distribution System”, NIT Silchar.
4. External examiner for Ph.D. thesis titled “Multi Objective Heuristic Algorithms for Scheduling Workflow Applications in Heterogeneous Cloud”, Anna University.
5. External examiner for Ph.D. thesis titled “Detection and Classification of Faults in a Compensated Transmission Line”, KIIT (Deemed to Be University).
6. External examiner for Ph.D. thesis titled “Design of Image Denoising Algorithms using Sparsifying Transforms to Preserve Geometric Components”, KIIT (Deemed To Be University).
7. External examiner for Ph.D. thesis titled “Advances in Min-max Fair Power Flow Tracing for Loss Allocation”, Andhra University.
8. External examiner for Ph.D. thesis titled “Optimal Sizing & Placement of Distributed Generation Units in Deregulated Environment with Loss Minimization Constraint”, Punjab Engineering College (Deemed To Be University).
d. Reviewing Activity:
1. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
2. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids
3. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
4. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy
5. IET Electrical Systems in Transportation
6. IET Renewable Power Generation
7. IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution
8. Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, SAGE journal
9. The Journal of the Franklin Institute, Elsevier
e. Administrative Activities:
1. Dean (Academic Affairs) from 11/10/2018 to Till date at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
2. Dean (Faculty Welfare) from 01/07/2018 to 30/06/2019 at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
3. Chairmen of institute ranking and accreditation committee, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
4. Member of DPR committee 2017, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
5. Part time CVO, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
6. Register in-charge for convocation 2016, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
7. Member and chairmen of various committees such as screening committee, selection committee, DRC, DC and so on at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
8. Convener of food committee, convocation 2016 and 2017 at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
9. Chairmen of adjunct faculty recruitment process, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
10. Coordinator of Ph.D. Admission, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
11. Member of research committee, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
12. Convener of library committee, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
13. Chairmen of PDA committee, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
14. Head of the electrical engineering department for the year 2015 and 2016, at NIT Meghalaya, Shillong, India.
f. External Activities:
1. Evaluator of project proposals submitted to SERB,DST and AICTE.
2. Selection Committee Member for the recruitment to the post of Assistant Engineer, MeECL.
3. Question paper setting for recruitment of Diploma Trainee (Elect.), PGCIL.
4. Member of the Board of Moderation of Confidential Question papers for the written examinations conducted by the Meghalaya Public Service Commission.
5. Independent Director, Smartomate Automation Pvt. Ltd.
6. Executive committee member for NIELIT Shillong.
1. Senior Member IEEE (No. 94037069)
2. Fellow Member, IE (India) F-119811-0
3. Life Member ISTE, India (LM 43112)
|Sl No.||Title of Project||PI||CO-PI||Funding Agency||Sanctioned Amount||StartYr - EndYr (Duration)||Status||Project Type|
|1||Design and Development of DSP/FPGA based digital controller for hybrid active power filter applied to industrial nonlinear loads in distribution system||Gayadhar Panda||Shaik Affijulla||DST, Govt. of India||2298000||2012-2015||Completed||Sponsored|
|2||Synchrophasor Sensing and Seamless Control of Smart Distribution Network with Renewable Energy Integration||Gayadhar Panda||Shaik Affijulla||REC Transmission Projects Company Limited||13175000||2017-2019||Ongoing||Sponsored|
Design & development of an intelligent controller for a Vienna Rectifier based grid-connected hybrid energy conversion system comprising of wind & solar energy sources.
Real-Time Control and Energy Management for Seamless Operation of DC Microgrid in Grid-connected and Standalone Modes
P. Rangababu & Shaik Affijulla
DST, Govt. of India
DST, Govt. of India