Dr. Kishore Debnath
Ph.D (IIT Roorkee)
1. Baruah, J., Venkaiah, P., Kumar, N., Sarkar, B.K. and Alom, N., 2022 Offshore Wind Turbine Pitch Control with Aeroelastic Effect, IEEE IAS Global Conference on Emerging Technologies(GlobConET), May 20-22, 2022, Virtual (Accepted)
2. CJRamana, Garg S., Bora BJ, Buradi A., Roy S., Sharma, P., and Alom, N., 2022, Influence of Pressure inRO Filtration of Crude Biodiesel, AUA Academic Conference on SustainableEnergy and Green Technology, 21-23 February 2022
3. Shukla, S., Bora, B.J., Deo, A., Alom, N., 2022, Numerical Analysis of Vertical Axis Wind Turbine Blades in ANSYS Fluent, Material Tech 2022, January28-29, 2022, NIT Raipur, India (MaterialToday Proceedings:)
4. CJRamana, Shukla, S., Bora BJ, Alom N, and Buradi A, 2022, CFD Investigation of Crude BiodieselFiltration using Reverse Osmosis Membrane, International Conference on Thermo-fluids and Manufacturing Science-2022 at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, January 24-25,2022, Bhubaneswar, Odisha (KIITICTMS 2022).
5. CJRamana, Bora BJ, Roy S, Alom N, and Buradi A, 2021, CFD Analysis of Pressure and Velocity Distribution in NovelReverse Osmosis Filtration of Crude Biodiesel, Proceedings of the 48th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP) December 27-29, 2021, BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus, RJ, India
7. SinghJ., AlomN., and Sarkar B.K., 2020. Computational assessment of cross-flow hydro turbine by changing the rotational speed, Proceedings of the 8th International and 47th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP2020), December 09-11, 2020, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati-781039, Assam, India
8. Talukdar P.K., B., Rathod U.H.,Kulkarni V., Saikia P., and Rava, D. K., 2020. Wind Tunnel Experiments to estimate the Performance of a Novel Arc-elliptical-bladed Savonius Wind Rotor, International Conference on Recent Trends in Developments of Thermo-fluid and renewable Energy, November 26 – 28, 2020, NIT Arunachal Pradesh, Yupia, India.
9. Savonius Wind Turbines, Paper No.GTIndia2019-2352, ASME Gas Turbine India Conference, December 05 – 06, Chennai, India Alom N, and Saha U. K., 2019. Determining the optimal location of ventaugmenters in an elliptical-bladed Savonius rotor, Paper No. GTIndia2019-2344,ASME Gas Turbine India Conference, December 05 – 06, Chennai, India.
10. Alom N, Das R, and Saha U. K.,2019.Optimization of aerodynamic parameters of an elliptical-Bladed Savonius wind rotor using multi-objective genetic algorithm, Paper No. GTIndia2019-2346, ASMEGas Turbine India Conference, December 05 – 06, Chennai, India.
11. Alom N, Das R, and Saha U. K.,2019. A Differential evolution-based Inverse Method to Optimize Blade Configurations in elliptical-Bladed.
12. Alom, N., Kumar, N., and Saha, U. K.,2019. Analyzing the effect of shaft and end-plates of a newly developed elliptical-bladed Savonius rotor from wind tunnel tests, Paper No.OMAE2019-95570, ASME 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, June 9-14, 2019, Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
13. Alom, N., and Saha, U. K., 2017. Arriving at the optimum overlap ratio for an elliptical-bladed Savonius rotor, Paper No. GT2017-64137, ASME Turbo Expo, June 26–30, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
14. Alom, N., Kumar, N., and Saha, U. K.,2017. Aerodynamic performance of an elliptical-bladed Savonius rotor under theinfluence of number of blades and shaft, Paper No. GTIndia2017-4554, ASME GasTurbine India Conference, December 7–8, Bangalore, India.
15. Alom N., Kolaprathi S.C., Gadde S.C., and Saha U.K., 2016, “Aerodynamic design optimization of elliptical-bladedSavonius-style wind turbine by numerical simulations”, Paper No. OMAE2016-55095, ASME 35th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, June 19-24, Busan, South Korea
16. Alom, N., and Saha, U.K., 2016.Numerical optimization of semicircular-bladed Savonius rotor using ventaugmenters, Asian Congress on Gas Turbines 2016, November 14-16, IIT Bombay,Mumbai, India.
1.Qualified “Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)” in Mechanical Engineering, 2014.
2.Recipient of “MOMA Scholarship” (2012 - 2014)
3.Recipient of “Anundoram Boruah Award” by Govt. of Assam, India, 2009
4.Recipient of “ASME Young Engineer Turbo Expo Participation Award 2017” to attend ASME Turbo Expo, June 26–30, 2017, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
5.Recipient of “ASME Outreach to Engineers Award by ASME, to attend ASME OMAE 2019, June 9-14, 2019, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
6.Recipient of “DST-SERB International Travel Support” By MHRD, Govt. of India, 2019, to attend ASME OMAE 2019, June 9-14, 2019, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
7.“Alom, N., and Saha, U. K., 2018. Four decades of research into the augmentation techniques of Savonius wind turbine rotor, ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, Vol. 140, No. 5, p. 050801”, become the most accessed article of the year 2018.
|1||2019||IIT Guwahati||Short term course||TEQIP Short Term Course on “Computational Fluid Dynamics for Incompressible Flows”|
|2||2019||IIT Guwahati||Workshops||5th National Workshop on Research Methodology in Fluid Mechanics|
|3||2018||NIT Meghalaya||Workshops||TEQIP Sponsored Two Days Workshop on “Outcome Based Accreditation: Challenges and Opportunities|