Trajectory tracking control, Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicles (ROVs). , Path-planning, Obstacle avoidance. , Inertial Navigation and localization, Fuzzy Logic, Neuro Fuzzy Control.
PhD , IIT Guwahati
- SOA Weekly Academic lecture on "Design and Development of a compact Unmanned Underwater Vehicle", Mechanical Engineering, SOA University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, 4 Feb 2022.
- On Principles of Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, AISSMS College of Engineering, Pune, Maharashtra, India, 12-13 Feb 2022.
Design, Analysis and Development of a Low Cost Underwater Vehicle (Mini Submarine) for (a) Tourism Purpose and (b) Bio-fouling cleaning. P.I: Prof. P. S. Robi, IIT Guwahati Co-P.Is: Prof. Pankaj Biswas, Prof. S. K. Dwivedy, Prof. H. B Nemade (IIT Guwahati) & Mr. Avilash Sahoo(NIT Meghalaya). Amount: 87 lakhs
Current Research Project
Trajectory tracking control of an under-actuated Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV).
Avilash Sahoo, S. K. Dwivedy, and P. S. Robi, “AN UNDERWATER VEHICLE”, Indian Patent App no. 201831046760 A, 12 June 2020. (Filled and Published)
A. Sahoo, S. K. Dwivedy, and P. S. Robi, “Advancements in the field of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 181, pp. 145-160, June 2019.
- A. Sahoo, S. K. Dwivedy, and P. S. Robi, “Adaptive Fuzzy PID Controller for A Compact Autonomous Underwater Vehicle,” in Proceedings of theVirtual Global OCEANS 2020: Singapore – U.S. Gulf Coast, Oct 5-14, 2020.•
- A. Sahoo, S. K. Dwivedy, and P. S. Robi, “Development of a PID Control Strategy for a Compact autonomous underwater vehicle,” in Proceedings of the ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2019), Glasgow, Scotland,June 9-14, 2019.
- A. Sahoo, S. K. Dwivedy, and P. S. Robi, “Dynamic modelling and control of a compact autonomous underwater vehicle,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications, RITA18, Putrajaya, Malaysia, 16-18 Dec, 2018.
- A. Sahoo, S. K. Dwivedy, and P. S. Robi, “Design of a compact rov for river exploration," in Proceedings of the Advances in Robotics, AIR 17, New Delhi, India, pp. 30:1 - 30:6, ACM Digital Library, 2017.
Workshops & Short-Term Courses
- NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY2020 WITH A FOCUS ON “HIGHEREDUCATION AND RESEARCH”, NIT Meghalaya, 17thFebruary, 2021.
- KIT TEQIP III Workshop on "Structural Vibration Problems: Theoretical and Experimental Analysis Methodologies", IIT Guwahati, 21-23December, 2020.
- KIT TEQIP III Workshop on "Advances in Welding and Additive Manufacturing", IIT Guwahati, 10-14December, 2020.
- KIT TEQIP III Workshop on "Virtual Experiments in Mechanical Engineering", IIT Guwahati, 2-6 November, 2020.
- KITTEQIP-III short term course on “Active/Passive Damping Composites for Structural Vibration Control”, IIT Guwahati, 6-10 January, 2020.
- KITTEQIP-III short term course on “Fabrication and Application of Micro Devices in Thermo-fluidic Engineering”, IIT Guwahati, 24-28 Feb, 2020.
- Online workshop on "Fuzzy Logic and Neural Network Approaches for Engineering Solutions" organized by Journal of Advanced Engineering Research, 3-4 May, 2020.
- KIT TEQIP Short Term Course on “Vibration and Noise analysis of Mechanical Systems”, IIT Guwahati, 04-08 December, 2018.
- KIT TEQIP Short Term Course on “Advances in Vibration Engineering”, IIT Guwahati, 13-15 March, 2015.
- KIT TEQIP Short Term Course on “Theory and Applications of Finite Element Analysis”, IIT Guwahati, 23-27 March, 2015.
- Kinematics & Dynamics of Machines
- Theory of Machines
- Machine Drawing
- CAD/CAM/CIM Laboratory
- Practice - I
- Workshop Practice – II
- Mechanical Laboratory II
- Mechanical Laboratory III
Awards and Recognitions
- National Budding Innovators Award of the Year 2019, by National Research Development Corporation, DSIR for innovation “An Underwater Vehicle”, 2019.
- ASME Outreach to Engineers Speciality Forum Award, 2019.
- Best poster award in the annual Research Conclave organised at IIT Guwahati, 2017.
- Qualified “Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)” in Mechanical Engineering, 2014.
- Awarded “CAFAS Scholarship” by CHSE Odisha. (2010 - 2014)
- Awarded “NRTS Scholarship” by BSE Odisha. (2004 - 2007)
||Modeling and Analysis using ANSYS and Creo (CoMAAC)
INNOVENT Engineering Solutions and PTC Creo-Allied Design-Soft Solutions Pvt Ltd.
||NSERB, NEEPCO, IIT Guwahati, TIQIP-III, IIT Guwahati